Monday 18 February 2008

Great Weekend

I had a brilliant weekend over at Kerrie's. Lots and lots of chatting and laughing combined with a little bit of shopping and oh a bit of crafting is definitely a recipe for a great weekend.

We did manage to fit a little visit to Capture The Magic. Was only going to pop in for a quick visit but we ended up being there for 2.5 hours - don't know how that happened.

Apart from all the yummy stash, what we did see (very excitedly) was the new Doodlebug goodies that have just been announced.

Don't know when they're going to be available to buy but OMG I want it all. There's gorgeous velvet fluff :o) - it looks like sherbert that you can just stick your finger into, papers, velvet papers, ribbons, chipboard shapes to use with the fluff. OMG I nearly forgot the velvet brads - if you love the sugar coated brads then you are definitely going to love the velvet brads.

No stamps, which is a bit sad as the other Doodlebug stamps (that I've got) are well used so I was hoping that they'd have some new ones.

Kerrie did show me her new Stampin' Up goodies and OMG I've seen the light with the Stamp-ma-jig (I think it's called that). A very simple idea but what did we ever do without it - yep I know - either throw away cards or have to cover the "mistake" up LOL

Anyway, we did "surprise surprise" actually make some cards - well 2 each - but that is a massive improvement on last time we got together. Here's the 2 that I made:




Apart from the few bits I bought at CTM, the other thing I came home with is a list of stuff that I really have to do or get - storage drawers for my paper off cuts (which I stopped off at Staples for on the way home :o), pens to colour my Penny Black ellie in etc etc etc. All in all, a brilliant weekend spent with a very good friend xxx

5 comments:

Gemma said...

Gorgeous cards. wish I'd have known when you were at CTM, I'd have come to see you.
Glad you've found Stampin' Up! too :)

Marlou McAlees said...

awwww, these are excellent, love the owl on branch, where did you get it?? its soooo cute :)

Nic said...

Fab cards Clare, really love the girl stamp, who makes that one?

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Awww enjoyed our little weekend hun... fantastic cards and I can't wait to play with all those stamped images!!!

Pleased you are working your way down your list... any problem re the pens just shout!

xx

Clare said...

Thank you ladies xxx

Nic, the girl stamp is a Penny Black. It's one of Kerrie's :o)